- D’Olier, F. (1929). When we were very young. The American Legion Monthly, 7(1), 22-25, 68. https://archive.legion.org/handle/20.500.12203/3308
- Finding aid for the records of the United States Strategic Bombing survey at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/trs/trsbombingsurvey.html
- James, M. (1923). A history of the American Legion. New York: W. Green. https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc1.$b744734&view=1up&seq=7
- "National Commander D'Olier of American Legion" Textile World, 1920, Volume 57 no. 5, p. 225, 253. https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=umn.31951d00085055t&view=1up&seq=503
- Proceedings of a special meeting of the National Executive Committee, a summary report of the 1941 Mission to England, March 1941. https://archive.legion.org/handle/20.500.12203/6552
- The American Digital Archive https://archive.legion.org
- Wheat, G.S. (1919). The story of The American Legion: The birth of the Legion. New York, NY: G.P. Putnam's Sons. https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=nyp.33433081572756&view=1up&seq=13
Discover more museum exhibits from The American Legion at legionmuseum.omeka.net/exhibits.